According to a new provision in the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, physicians wishing to order home health care services for patients covered by Medicare must have a face to face encounter with each patient and provide the required documentation. The physician is required to document the face to face encounter in the patient's medical record. The Face to Face Form certifies that:
- the encounter with the patient occurred
- the encounter was related to the primary reason the patient needs home care
- the patient's medical status qualifies him or her as homebound
- visits must occur 90 days prior to, or within 30 days of the start of a Medicare home health care episode
- each visit must also be documented using a Face to Face Form
Click here for the Face to Face Form (pdf)
Contact Lisa Gabel at (585) 214-1305 or email email@example.com for more information.