Lifetime Care sponsors events and activities to help educate professionals and general audiences. Events include:
- Guest Speakers
- Once or twice a year, Lifetime Care schedules presentations by guest speakers who offer expert insights and suggestions about dealing with loss and grief. Recent speakers include noted author, educator and grief counselor Alan D. Wolfelt and former Rochester Democrat and Chronicle columnist Mark Hare.
- Janus Group and “Among Friends”
- For surviving spouses who have completed the 8-week SERIES, JANUS & “Among Friends” offer a continuation of grief work.
- This seminar for people who work in the healing professions is presented annually in the Fall as a continuing professional education program for nurses, social workers, clergy, or funeral directors who interact with families who have lost a loved one.
- “Living With Grief” video conference
- Each Spring, Lifetime Care sponsors the local presentation of this national video conference, featuring experts on various aspects of end-of-life care and grief counseling. Although these programs are intended primarily for professionals (nurses, social workers, clergy, funeral directors) who interact with families who have lost a loved one, caregivers and bereaved people may also find them valuable.
For more information, please call (585) 475-8800.